Tour City Campus Tour East Campus Search

UNL City Campus 1910 »

Andrews Hall

Vital Statistics






Ernest Rokahr and Sons



Also Known As:

Andrews Hall opened for classes in September 1928 as home to the College of Dentistry,
Foreign Languages, and English. Dentistry occupied the third floor of Andrews Hall, and included a large clinic with 42 chairs, administrative and faculty offices, surgical rooms, and the dental library. The remainder of the building was used for instructional purposes and faculty offices.

Stylistically, Andrews Hall resembles the earlier work of Ellery Davis, the architect, in his design of Morrill Hall. It is constructed of red pressed brick with bedford limestone trim and like Morrill, is three stories tall and oriented from east to west. Andrews Hall is located immediately south of Morrill Hall. This area of campus was developed in the 1920's, and known as the "northeast quadrant".

Andrews Hall is named in honor of E. Benjamin Andrews, Chancellor of the University from 1900-1908.

Source Information:
Nebraska Alumnus, Sep. 1928.